Posted - 5/01/2011
Electrical Transmission/Distribution Engineer
One click Twitter Jobs posting
United States, North-East
Bachelor degree in electrical, power or structural engineering; Minimum of 5 years experience doing relevant engineering work; Experience in the design of electrical transmission or distribution is required
The Electrical Engineer
will work on electric distribution and transmission projects. Work
will include field surveying, drafting with AutoCAD or Microstation,
line layout/routing, and completion of required design calculations.
Project types will include design of aerial and underground electric
distribution and tranmission lines. Engineer will work under the
supervision of a senior engineer. Experience in the design of
electrical transmission or distribution is required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Field work
- Vendor interface.
- Bachelor degree in electrical, power or structural engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience doing relevant engineering work .
- EIT status is a plus.
- Experience in the design of electrical transmission or distribution is required.
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software and PLS design software is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook required.
- Travel required as needed for the job.
- Must be willing to take, and able to pass, pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Must have a current valid driver's license with a clean driving record for up to the past 5 years.
position may require significant time standing or walking on uneven
ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in
tight spaces, lifting up to 30 pounds, and, in general, being overall
physically demanding. It may also require work in an all weather