Posted - 30/11/2010
Engineer Transmission Planning
The Engineer, Transmission Planning responsibilities will include the following:
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with related experience commensurate with position level.
· Demonstrated ability to visualize and solve complex problems, and assist others to perform complex duties.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
· Experience using PSS/e.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and assist others to perform complex studies.
· Hands-on experience with power system analysis.
· A thorough knowledge of federal and state electric utility, planning, citing, and permitting requirements for electric generator and transmission projects.
· An in-depth understanding of power system engineering concepts, principles, theories, regulations, standards, reliability concepts and techniques.
· An in-depth understanding of evolving industry regulatory issues as they apply to the PJM System and the role of PJM as an RTO.
· A detailed understanding of PJM operations and planning functions.
· Ability to apply expertise in solving new and complex engineering problems and developing innovative strategies to enhance the PJM member companies' competitive edge.
· 1 to 3 years of related experience and training.