Posted - 4/01/2011
One click Twitter Jobs posting
United States, Pacific_West
Provide architectural and big picture oversight for the development of new or enhanced software applications (apps) for mobile phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices.
Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software services to the mobile communications industry. We offer world class operations and execution capability, both on-site and offshore. Using tailored solutions, systems design, integration and testing we help drive down development time and costs for leading industry players. Teleca has about 2,000 employees in 11 countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
Project / Job Description:
Provide architectural and big picture oversight for the development of new or enhanced software applications (apps) for mobile phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices. Work with various product developers, product managers, and customer application experts to create mobile applications containing required features and modifications. Provide technical advice to other departments within the organization, and may be responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide architectural leadership for software development efforts by integrating various technologies such as web applications, relational databases, information security, servers, networking, etc.
- Review and analyze current systems and processes to determine requirements.
- Develop detailed systems documentation including functional specifications, design requirements, templates, layout, navigation, diagrams, maps, etc.
- Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts within different applications.
- Work with third party vendors to integrate their technologies within organization's structure.
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies.
- Ensure design, structure, and content meet performance guidelines; may assist with test planning and testing.
- May be required to perform development work.
- Oversee the primary activities of individual contributors (see above) to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, performance reviews, and pay discussions).
- Evaluate and assess new development projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame.
- May be responsible for budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operations expenses.
Requirements for this role
This opportunity will be managed by Novotus. If this position seems like a good fit for you, please apply through our online process and a Novotus Representative will be in touch with you soon with the next steps.